Treasure Your Mind (TYM) is a workplace mental health education programme which aims to empower employees and supervisors with the skills to achieve mental wellbeing through several awareness talks and a series of skills workshops. These workshops cover topics which are aligned with well-researched constructs which correlate to an enhanced sense of mental wellbeing.
Module 1 (For all employees)
Minimum class size of 35 participants.
Comprises a choice of three 1.5-hour interactive talks:
> Cultivating A Healthy Mind
- To raise awareness on the importance of positive mental health
> Learning Practical Optimism to Manage Change
- To introduce optimism as a set of thinking skills that an individual can adopt to manage changes in life
> Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- To raise awareness of one's vulnerability to anxiety and depression by understanding the underlying causes and signs of these mental illnesses
The talks are FREE (up to 2 talks per company) and include resource booklets and a directory of service providers.
Module 2a (For all employees)
Module 2a comprises a menu of five workshops aimed at equipping employees with adaptive skills to cope with the normal stresses of life. Each workshop is conducted over a duration of 4 hours, for 25 to 30 participants per session. Resource booklets will be provided for each workshop.
Workshop titles include:
- Workshop 1: Learning Optimism to Manage Change
- Workshop 2: Building Positive Self-Esteem for Positive Emotions (covers anger management)
- Workshop 3: Building Positive Relationships (covers conflict resolution)
- Workshop 4: Managing Stress
- Workshop 5: Psycho-Emotional Portfolio for Retirement (for mature workers) NEW!
Module 2b (For supervisors and managers)
Enrol your managers, team leaders and those in supervisory positions in this 8-hour workshop, for 25 to 30 participants, to equip them with skills to identify warning signs of psycho-emotional distress among their staff. They will learn basic listening skills and how to recognise early signs of mental health problems and encourage co-workers to seek help early.
Presently, Module 1 is fully subsidised, each of the workshops under Module 2a is $500 (excludes GST charges) and Module 2b is $1,000 (excludes GST charges). For more information, email to email@example.com
To download TYM Registration Form, click here!
Support from HPB !
The Workplace Health Promotion (WHP) Grant is a funding scheme offered by the Health Promotion Board (HPB). The Grant provides financial support to help organisations start and sustain their workplace health programmes. With effect from 5 Oct 2009, existing recipients of HPB's Workplace Health Promotion Grant may apply for additional funding to sustain/augment their mental health promotion programme/activities. For more information, click here or email HPB_Health_At_Work@hpb.gov.sg